Making College Apps Less Stressful & More Accessible
The Ultimate Guide to
Craft Your Story!
Online Course & Interactive Workbook
to Develop, Structure, and Strategize
a Successful College Essay
"Dyllen!!! I just want to say you have been BY FAR the MOST helpful resource I've gotten throughout this college process. Like you, I didn't come from a family with money to pay for a college counselor, and I've spent months and months researching on my own. I was at the tail end of submitting my applications when I discovered your course and it has helped me really dig into my values to create essays that speak to me. I am 100% recommending your course to my younger sister who has a few years before she starts this process. So much love for you girl <3"
- Jessica Glennon
"This course was a lifesaver during college apps. It was incredibly helpful in providing examples of successful essays from students who got into a lot of the schools I applied to. Every example was analyzed line by line which made it easier for me to view my own essay objectively while writing and editing (Dyllen is also a great editor)! This course is helpful no matter what step of the essay writing process you're on and helped relieve a lot of stress for me!" - Ellie, Austin, Texas
For the $75 option, you will receive a thank you email with the name of the FGLI student you helped!
"Honestly, I absolutely LOVED IT!!! This course was extremely helpful in helping me organize my college list and most definitely helped me figure out which values and qualities I wanted to highlight in my essays. It was also really colorful and aesthetically pleasing." - Khushi, Montego Bay, Jamaica
What Makes This Course Unique?
• Don't get bogged down by hundreds of pages of information from books and blogs-
I've already done all the heavy lifting! This course condenses the most ESSENTIAL information into a COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE!
• Focused on strategic planning to save you time by ensuring that your essay is
well-organized and reflects your personal essence.
• Includes structured outlines for college essays that hit all the necessary components
while maintaining flexibility.
• This isn't just a college essay guide, it's a journey toward self-discovery.
• Created by Stanford student, Dyllen Nellis, who has the recent personal experience
of applying to college and has thoroughly researched the college application process!
"This was an extremely fun process and definitely was a fantastic form of self reflection and self exploration! The course is fantastic." - Olivia, Vienna, Virginia
What is Included?
• Step By Step Course on Teachable - 10 Chapters of Valuable Content!
• A Digital Workbook that you can fill out on Google Slides!
• Self-Reflection & Values Exercises
• Brainstorming Exercises
• Idea Mapping to Find Your Best Topic
• Essay Structures
• Successful College Example Essays & Structure Breakdown
• College Essay Do's & Don'ts
• How to Write the Opening Anecdote & Closing Sentences
• The Writing & Revision Process
• Common Mistakes & How to Fix Them
• A Compiled List of Overused Phrases
• Strategies to Improve Storytelling
• Videos to Supplement the Writing Process
"I absolutely loved your course! I was so worried about the application process because I had no idea how to write a college essay, and then enrolled your course and it helped so much and made organizing and brainstorming essays so easy. I loved your words of encouragement and humor throughout the course and it felt really personal." - Jolie, Cedar Creek, Texas
Suitable For All Learners
• Visual: Diagrams & charts to visualize essay structure!
• Kinesthetic: Brainstorming and idea mapping exercises. Learn by doing!
• Reading & Writing: Straight-to-the-point text, bullet points, and example essays.
• Auditory: Videos in which I explain concepts!
"This course made me excited to work on my application! Every lecture you have written out was all super helpful and constructive. It was worth the money. Keep working hard!" - Raisa, Hayward, California
Hi, I'm Dyllen. I am a current Stanford student interested in the intersection between design, technology, and storytelling. When I applied to college, I sought out numerous articles, books, and videos to gain valuable insight into the college application process. What I learned was indispensable. I was accepted into 8/8 schools I applied to including Stanford, USC, UCLA, NYU, and more. Two years later, I continue to thoroughly research college essay strategies, work with students, and create educational content on YouTube to increase accessibility around college applications.
Why I Created This Guide
After gaining an understanding of the many techniques used to craft a successful college essay, I decided to formulate a comprehensive guide that combines all of my research into one systematic process. I have developed a strategic, simplified, and structured method that will lead you through each step of writing a college essay from ideation to completion. My system places emphasis on the necessary pre-production work that will save time in the long run by ensuring that your essay is well-organized and reflects your personal essence. Through this online course and interactive workbook, I intend to relieve the stress that often comes with college essays and incite confidence and determination toward this effective, hands-on approach.
"I came across Dyllen Nellis' college advice on YouTube when hunting for tips and tricks on how to tackle personal essays and UC PIQs. My mind did not know how to get started--all my ideas were scattered. But when she introduced "The Ultimate Guide to Craft Your Story," I gave no further thought to buying it. I needed to start somewhere, and this guide put all the tips and tricks I discovered in her multiple YouTube videos into one, along with other analyses you won't find online. I liked the interactive workbook it came with and the breakdown of many essay examples. The color coding helped, along with all the other bright colors in your course/interactive workbook (they gave out positive vibes!)."
- Karla, Soledad, CA
Here's What Will Happen Once You Click "Enroll Now"
1. You'll enter your log in and payment information.
2. Look for a confirmation email with a link to the course platform
where you can immediately begin learning.
3. Access to your personal digital workbook will follow within 24 hrs or less.
You will receive an email invitation to access your workbook on Google Slides!
If you ever lose track of your digital workbook, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll send it again!
**You will need a Google account to access the digital workbook**