My team of editors & I are here to help!
Dyllen’s College Essay Advice empowers students to discover their sense of self and effectively communicate their personal values, experiences, and potential through well-crafted college essays.
We will add comments and suggestions to improve essay structure,
sentence phrasing, clarity, cohesion, grammar, flow, and storytelling.
At the bottom of the document, we will write a detailed paragraph of
overall feedback: what you did well and how you can improve!
In addition to college essays, we also edit activity & award descriptions!
We will provide comments and suggestions to optimize word choice, cut down character count, and strategically order your activities list.
To learn about each of our editors, click "Meet the Editors"!
I’ve had two of my essays edited by Dyllen, and I can confidently say that they are some of the best essays I wrote for my college application process. Not only was Dyllen’s essay editing significantly more affordable than some of the other college consulting services I used, but it was also much more detailed and thorough. Through providing lots of thought-provoking questions about the values and themes I wanted to portray in my essays, Dyllen really helped me make my essays as specific to who I am as possible and, in doing so, only helped me stand out more as a unique applicant. I highly recommend her essay editing service!
I would highly recommend this essay editing service to others! The prices are extremely reasonable, especially compared to other services out there, but the quality of feedback is still exceptional. Joseph did a wonderful job providing insight on areas I could improve on in regards to syntax, flow, stylistic choices, and this has really helped me craft the best essay possible! Joseph’s feedback was thorough and constructive, and also took into account how I could authentically tell my story. This service has really given me a fresh perspective on how to further elevate my essay, and I will definitely be returning for the other essays that I will be writing this application season!
With all my heart would recommend, I could tell that Vivian looked through and analyzed not just every sentence but every word in my essay. Her commentary explained every suggestion/edit and how could improve my essay. Even if you think your essay is good, I would recommend Vivian her attention to detail will notice things you didn't and will result in the best possible essay.
Allison did an amazing job editing and providing feedback on my essay. She was able to point out mistakes and ideas that I would’ve never caught or thought of. I already had my draft done but I had trouble cutting out information because I knew some parts needed to be deleted but I couldn’t point out where. Allison helped with that and wow! She also asked questions that I could answer and add to my essay to make it more detailed, so it’s more “showing” than “telling”. I would recommend this service to anyone who needs any type of help on their essays.
I absolutely loved Izumi’s feedback! I sent her a BS/MD essay and my Common App essay, both of which had great feedback. Izumi gave me advice on how to restructure sentences and provided me with specific examples. I also liked how she gave me detailed examples of questions I should be thinking about when writing reflective portions of my essay. Overall, I saw a huge difference in my essays after following izumi’s edits and would definitely recommend her!
Kwame was a brilliant editor! I was blown away by the amount of detail and thoroughness he utilized in his feedback. He made specific overall suggestions on grammar/syntax, but also provided extensive feedback on each essay individually and asked prompting questions that helped me truly examine how I could elevate my storytelling. I would highly recommend Kwame if you seek extremely authentic, detailed feedback!
I loved how Sascha was able to make so many suggestions all while keeping my voice and writing style in the essay. She thoroughly explained her reasoning behind any edits she made and also brought up things to consider that I never would have thought about. It was good to have fresh eyes read over it, especially someone who isn't necessarily from my area as I know that's what it will be like when admissions officers read my application. Thanks for your help!
Dyllen has been an invaluable resource throughout my college essay writing journey. She showed me where I lacked structure and through her critiques caused me to write much stronger essays than I originally had. She is fair in her feedback and certainly knows what she is doing. You will greatly improve your chance of being accepted by letting her edit your essays as well!
Many times, students send their essay for review when their structure, storytelling, and overall approach are off in the first place.
Don’t waste time scrapping and rewriting your essay over and over. Instead, let me teach you how to build a solid foundation and refine your essay from the ground up.
How It Works
1) Review pricing & packages (see below).
2) Decide which editor you'd like to review your essay.
(You will select 3 preferences for your editor, but only 1 will edit your essay.)
OR on the Order Form you can select "Best Match For You" to be paired with the editor who we believe would best serve your needs!
Note: For RUSH orders, your editor preferences will be considered, but are not guaranteed due to the quick turnaround time.
3) Fill out the order form! Please submit your essay as a shareable Google Docs link. Make sure to list the prompt & maximum word count above each essay. If submitting multiple essays, please put them on the same document!
If you send an uneditable link, we will notify you by email and your turnaround time may be delayed.
4) Submit payment through Venmo, PayPal, or Square.
5) You will receive a confirmation email with the name of your editor. Your essay will be edited before 11:59 pm PST within 5 days (or 1 day for a RUSH order) after payment has been received and all materials are submitted correctly.
- Venmo: @Dyllen-Nellis (preferred)
- PayPal.me/dyllennellis (Mark this payment as FRIENDS rather than services to avoid fees!)
- If all else fails, you can pay through Square.
(For example, if you place a RUSH order at 3:00pm on a Monday, you will receive your essay back before 11:59pm PST on Tuesday.) Your essays will only be viewed by your assigned editor and will not be used for any other purpose unless consent is granted.
Note: We will not be able to answer follow-up questions after your edits have been received. If you would like to make changes and have your essay reviewed again, please submit another form and payment.
For inquiries, contact [email protected]
Essays By Word Count
$10 for <50 Words
$20 for 51-199 Words
$35 for 200-299 Words
$45 for 300-399 Words
$55 for 400-499 Words
$65 for 500-699 Words
$80 for 700-799 Words
$100 for 800-899 Words
$120 for 900-1000 Words
$150 for 1000-1200 Words
Supplemental Essay Packages
All Stanford Essays – $155 Normal, $195 Rush
All Stanford 50-Word Questions – $50 Normal, $60 Rush
4 UC PIQs – $180 Normal, $220 Rush
2 USC Essays – $70 Normal, $90 Rush
2 UVA Essays – $70 Normal, $90 Rush
2 UMich Essays – $110 Normal, $130 Rush
*Packages are for the supplemental essays all applicants must submit,
not including additional essays that are program-specific*
Activities & Awards List: $30
RUSH ORDERS: +$10 PER Essay
For Rush Orders, your essay(s) will be edited before 11:59pm PST within 1 day after payment has been received and all materials are submitted correctly.
For Normal Orders, your essay(s) will be edited before 11:59pm PST within 5 days after payment has been received and all materials are submitted correctly.
• Pricing is by the current word count of EACH essay, not the total word count of several essays combined.
This means for example, if you submit 3 supplemental essays of 200-299 words each, your total would be $35*3 = $105.
• You must submit payment for the current word count of your essay, not the intended word count!
This means for example, if your essay's word limit is 350 words but your essay is currently at 450,
your order would be for the 400-499 word count.
We charge per round of essay revision, so if you'd like us to look over your essay again and provide notes/feedback, please submit another form and payment!
This essay editing service is entirely offline, meaning you send us your essay and we edit it within a few days. But if you would like to consult with Dyllen Nellis live over Zoom, you can find more info here!
We will not write your essays for you! College essays are deeply personal and must come from your story, ideas, and writing. We will guide you through the development of your story and offer specific advice on how to improve essay structure,
sentence phrasing, clarity, cohesion, grammar, flow, and storytelling. We can suggest alternative sentences or words you can use, but we will not completely rewrite sections of your essay.
Your concerns are totally valid, I'd ask the same question if I were in your shoes!
Now let me tell you why we are exceptionally qualified:
- I (Dyllen Nellis) applied to college in 2018, so I'm very familiar with the current process. Not only did I do extensive research on college application and essay writing strategies back then, but I have continued to do so ever since. I’ve learned an incredible amount through working directly with students and editing hundreds (soon to be thousands) of college essays. I find the process fascinating, even invigorating, and I truly believe in helping other students strengthen their own essays and build confidence.
- I then sought out other college students who had written stellar college essays and carry the same passion, many of whom I worked with throughout their college app process! It is incredibly important to me that everyone on my editing team shares the same in-depth understanding of college essay writing, so they have each been trained to give you quality feedback.
- Having done it ourselves AND studied the techniques of others, we understand the components of a successful college essay, all the common overused phrases, and what makes a student "stand out".